By registering, you still affirm that you read the complete terms and conditions below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
The term "Publisher" or "The Publisher" will be used hereafter to refer to The Diabetic Network, Diabetic Gourmet Magazine, The Gourmet Connection, or any other website, web property, or service provided or produced by CAPCO Marketing.
You will receive a password and account designation upon completing the brief registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify The Publisher of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session if you are using a shared computer.
The Publisher cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these terms. You are solely responsible for content. By posting a message anywhere within The Publisher's website(s), you agree that you will not post any material that is libelous, defamatory or unlawful, or that violates or infringes any trademark, copyright or similar rights of others.
Registration is open to people of all ages, but anyone under the age of 13 years old must have the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) to register and participate.
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not The Publisher, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the Service. The Publisher does not control the Content posted and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content.
You agree to NOT use this service to:
1. impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Diabetic Gourmet Magazine (or Publisher-related) administrator, employee, official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
2. upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
3. upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
4. upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
5. upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); or
6. harm minors in any way;
7. "stalk" or otherwise harass another;
8. collect or store personal data about other users;
9. forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through this service;
10. upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
11. disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
12. interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
13. intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law.
14. Post the same or substantially similar message to multiple forums or topics. Multiple posts will be removed by the moderators.
BANNING AND DISABLING MEMBERS
Users can and will be banned from further participation in community activity if they engage in activities deemed inappropriate by Publisher's staff. To notify The Publisher of behavior and actions that you feel may be inappropriate, please use the "report this post to moderator" link provided with each post in our forum or contact your Community Administrators directly via your control panel.
The content of messages that appear via the community system are the sole responsibility of those persons posting the messages or using the system. The Publisher does not control the content and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any of the information contained therein or any products or services listed. The Publisher will not be liable for any damages of any kind incurred as a result of the information provided and disclaims any and all warranties relating to the service, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose or use.
By using this system, you understand that you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. We retain the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of messages and hold the sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any material posted. Without limiting the foregoing, The Publisher shall have the right to remove any material that it finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof or otherwise objectionable. Under no circumstances will The Publisher be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Service.
The Publisher currently provides users with access to a variety of online resources, including various communications tools, online forums, shopping services, personalized content and branded programming through a network of internet based properties. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current services, including the release of new web properties, shall be subject to specific terms of service.
You also understand and agree that the Service is provided "AS-IS" and that The Publisher assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.