The Special Diabetes Program (SDP) provides $150 million a year for T1D research through the National Institutes of Health.
It is advancing important new technologies and treatments and bringing us closer to a cure – and it will end if Congress doesn't act to renew it.
Calling is easy, just follow these steps:
1. GO to the JDRF Advocacy Call site to read the summary for this call-to-action and then enter your email address where you received this message.
2. Read the talking points and then enter the phone number at which you would like to be called.
3. Pick up the phone when it rings… it's the JDRF Advocacy site calling!
4. After a quick intro, you'll be connected to the office of the members of Congress listed to the left of the screen automatically.
5. Press * to get ready for the next call and fill out a short, two question, survey.
Please DO NOT hang-up until you are on the Thank You page.
By taking action, you can help continue progress towards technologies like the artificial pancreas, therapies to prevent kidney disease, and research to better understand the causes of T1D so we can cure and prevent it.
Completing all your calls will ensure that all of Congress is hearing from T1D advocates. And providing your feedback through the survey will allow us to determine if we need to do any additional follow up with a congressional office.
You can learn more about the SDP on the new Advocacy site and be sure to share all the great things you learn by ‘liking' the site!